Why I picked this topic is totally beyond me. I hate board games. I’ve hated them ever since our first child was born. Up until then I could play and pay attention. I could follow along, I knew when it was my turn, and I offered challenging competition to the other participants.
Now, they all wait for me to return to the table when it’s my turn. I’m usually off wiping someones backside or filling a sippy cup. I can’t follow along with who did what, bought what, moved where, or gave a clue because there is always someone tapping my leg, asking a question, or crying in my ear.
I still buy the games. Once in a while, I decide I should suck it up and just do it….again…and I pop popcorn, pile them all around the table and try again.
Here are the five board games I least hate having to play:
- Sequence or Sequence for Kids-I’m not very good at this game, mostly because it requires paying attention. The kids versio n is really cute though, and my big girls enjoy it. It’s also pretty easy to teach to a friend!
- Blurt!– Our mommy helper loved playing this with our oldest. Roll the dice to discover which definition you get to read, then see who can blurt out the word first.
- Super Why ABC Letter Preschool Game – Our youngest girl loves watching Super Why! and now she can practice letter recognition, rhyming, spelling and reading with all her favorite characters.
- Game of Life – I never had this game growing up, but all my friends had it. The Mr. and I enjoy watching the girls make different decisions and then deal with the outcomes. (It also gives us a chance to casually discuss how one should work through making big life decisions).
- Battleship– I love old school games. Strategy, process of elimination, and learning to read a grid/map are three of my favorite reasons for loving this game.
What are your favorite board games? Link up below if you have a post about your favorite games!